Sunday, May 31, 2020

In All Seriousness...





Hidey Ho, Horror Nuts and welcome to another WTFHM!


So, I know I missed last week and this week and I was supposed to review Siren for you all, but I have to tell you, I’m feeling some type of way about reviewing horror movies when...well...



Don’t worry, I’m not going to TedTalk you guys. I’m sure you’re getting enough editorials about what’s happening out there.

Right now, it doesn’t feel appropriate to blog about a bad horror movie. While horror has many parallels to the horror of real life, I don’t feel like this is the appropriate time to run a mildly humorous blog about bad horror movies.



Yeah, that’s right. I’m going to take a break for a while.

The thing is, as a black woman, I am deeply connected to the protests happening all over the country. I can’t, in good conscience, continue this blog at this time.

I’ll be back eventually, but for right now, I want to direct more of my energy toward something a little more substantial – my personal freedoms and the personal freedoms of my family and everyone who looks like me. We are in 2020 and the people in this country need to get their acts together, already.



Okay, that was just a little TedTalk. The point, though, is that it feels a little tone deaf to be blogging at this moment, so WTFHM is going to be on hiatus for the time being.

Stay safe out there and for those of you fighting the good fight, Power to the People.  




O~
  *

No comments:

Post a Comment